WordPress Real Media Library
RML (Real Media Library) is one of the most wanted media wordpress plugins. It is easy to use and it allows you to organize your thousands of images in folders. It is similar to wordpress categories like in the posts.
Use your mouse (or touch) to drag and drop your files. Create, rename, delete or reorder your folders If you want to select a image from the “Select a image”-dialog (e. g. featured image) you can filter when inserting media. Just install this plugin and it works fine with all your image and media files. It also supports multisite.
The Real Media Library offers a very nice extensibility for other developers. For example you can also install a third-party plugin to create the folders physically on your FTP server (wp-content/uploads) or to synchronize folders with Lightroom. For more have a look at the Known extensions for RML.
Specification: WordPress Real Media Library
Pro’s & Con’s
- Using this plugin, you’ll be able to organize the thousands of images, audio, video, and PDF files in your media library in folders.
- Create shortcuts of files. Shortcuts doesn’t need any physical storage. Note also that the fields in the shortcuts can be different to the original file, for example “Title”, “Description” or “Caption”.
- Full control for your folders in one toolbar (create, rename, delete, rearrange)
- Filter in insert media dialog
- Foldersfor the WordPress media library
- Drag & Drop your files
- It is not possible to add a new folder at Media>Add New. You first have to go to the Media library. It is a small issue but if you often add many different libraries, you are definitely losing unnecessary time.
- Product doesn’t create folders and its description implies it does.